Most of you know I keep a list of 101 things I want to accomplish in 1001 days. In fact, I’m 417 days into my current 101 in 1001 list which means I have a little more than a year and a half to go! Who would have thought that just last year I was sitting in Starbucks coming up with the ultimate to-do list for the next 1001 days. I have grown so much during that time, and have accomplished a lot of things on that list. That being said. I still have a lot to do in the next 1 1/2 years. I can't wait to see where this list takes me and where I end up come September 2018.
Some things I have completed unintentionally, for others, I have to stick to a plan and make a conscious effort to do something. So far I’ve crossed off 22 of my goals. It’s not likely I’ll get to cross off every single one of my remaining goals but there are definitely some I’m still determined to get to.
I am also shocked by how quickly 2016 came and went. Not going to lie, I have my work cut out for me in the next year. A lot of these tasks are currently a work-in-progress.
My favorite goals I've accomplished
(No. 31 Play 5 new golf courses)
6. Go on a spontaneous road trip: My sister, mom, and I all road-tripped it to Boston this past fall. It was honestly one of my favorite trips. While only about three days long, we packed so much into those three days. It was my first time to Boston and I fell in love with the city.
29. Eat dinner at the Polo Bar: This was something that I wasn't sure I would accomplish in time. Because A) I'm hardly ever in New York and B) you have to make reservations extremely early. It all just fell into place last April. I was in NY for a conference for a week, and they had one reservation open at 10:30pm. I took it ASAP, and had to beg my friends to go with me that late at night! haha We ended up ordering desserts and coffee. Not only was the food absolutely delicious, but the restaurant itself completely exceeded my expectations.
5. Try 10 new foods: I love all food, but it feels like I get stuck in a routine of about 3 or 4 restaurants. I hardly branch out, so I took this goal seriously. Needless to say, I tried more than 10 new restaurants and the number is still climbing. (some of them great and some of them not so great) But I never would have found some of my new favorites, if I hadn't branched out.
Most rewarding goals I've accomplished
(No. 8 Run a 5k)
46. Get an awesome internship: Currently loving every minute of it, and I will post more about this one in the near future!!
80. Choose a major: Definitely took a while, but I finally chose Public Relations. I came into college with credits, so I was able to pick up two minors, Business and Political Science. So, honestly in a way, I was able to choose all of them. It's not only a huge relief, but now I can really focus on the classes I take, knowing they count towards my major!
59. Learn Adobe Creative Cloud: I took a design class which I absolutely loved. We did multiple projects throughout the year and were required to learn Adobe Creative Cloud... mainly Indesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. It was not easy, but once you learn it, you really won't lose the skill. And being a Communications major, it's actually really helpful. With Marketing/PR, some level of proficiency is preferred. Being 20, I am starting to realize more and more that real life is just around the corner, so why not have hobbies that might help my career?
(No. 27 Vote in a Presidential election)
10. Go a month without drinking coffee: This one was hard, but it made me really appreciate good coffee (without all the cream and sugar). And maybe to limit myself..... maybe
Goals I think everyone should have on their list
64. Give 100% tip for awesome service
90. Save 15% of every paycheck
Goals I am most looking forward to
(No. 25 Read 25 new books)
2. Travel to a new country: My sister studied abroad in Europe for an entire semester. She visited so many countries and had an absolute blast. While I am happy for her to have had that experience, I was extremely jealous. Already planning my overseas travel adventure. Fingers crossed it will be soon!
11. Attend the Masters: Ahh.. this one's a bit of a stretch. Mainly because there are only two Masters until the list is over. And since I won't be available for the 2017 Masters, so I'm banking on 2018.
74. Get Scuba certified: Being in college makes this one pretty hard to complete, so I'm improvising by taking a class in college which offers Scuba certification. Killing two birds with one stone. The class also take a trip to do an open-water dive. I could totally use some warm weather right about now.
And don’t forget: if you’ve written your own list and want to have it linked from mine, just shoot me at message at CollegeCaffeinated@gmail.com! Have a great day!