Can you believe that December is already half over?! It feels like it just started!! With the holidays officially here and school officially over for the next month, I'm so ready to check things off from this bucket list.
I don't like putting too much pressure on myself to complete the list. I like to write things down because the months and holidays seem to fly by, and I end up forgetting to do all of the things that I planned. This is a way to keep me accountable and not miss out on any festivities! It also gives me ideas when I end up with a free day and looking for something new to do.
1. Go see The Nutcracker: I haven't seen The Nutcracker since I was really little. It's something that I have been wanting to do for a while now, but the ballet is pretty expensive. I was looking up tickets, and I saw that my theater offers student discounts. I had no idea! It was significantly cheaper, so my advice would be to look and see if there is student discount at your theater.
2. Throw a holiday party: I hosted a holiday fondue party last year for a few friends and it was so fun! I want to make the "Friendmas" holiday party a yearly tradition, but make the theme each year different. I need to start brainstorming ideas. Toying with the idea of a cookie exchange or holiday brunch...
3. Go ice skating: In the city I live near, there are a lot of big skating rinks, both indoor and outdoor. I personally like outdoor ice skating; however, there is one that I found that is a smaller rink attached to a really fancy hotel downtown. I will definitely be doing this. You "reserve" the rink and it only allows a certain number of people. Less people to witness my horrible skating skills... perfect!
4. Bake and decorate sugar cookies: Something I did last year also, but I love decorating cookies. I'm terribly horrible at it, but I love the smell of freshly baked cookies in the house!!
5. Read five new books: Ugh, I have been horrible about keeping up with my reading list. Finals got the best of me. But now that finals are all over, I have this whole month to relax and read. What I'm reading now: The Residence by Kate Anderson Brower
6. Take a family photo: All of my siblings will be home for the holidays! This hasn't happened in a few years, and an updated family picture is needed.
7. Splurge on the perfect holiday lip color: I am really boring when it comes to makeup. I am not one to experiment and try new looks/products. I stick with the same ole' routine and brands. I don't want to completely upgrade my makeup regimen, but I do want a new lip color for the holidays. This is my top pick for sure: Giorgio Armani Lacquer in Night Berry.
8. Drive around and look at Christmas lights: Hands down one of my all time favorite things to do.
9. Go to a tree lighting ceremony: I can cross this one off the list! Over Thanksgiving, The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island hosts an annual tree lighting ceremony. It's a huge deal on the island. The mayor comes and there is hot chocolate and cookies!
10. Create a Christmas playlist: I like a variety of Christmas music, from classics such as Frank Sinatra to pop covers and Christmas movie soundtracks. It's easier to just create my own playlist instead of trying to find a pre-made one on Spotify. I'll post it on the blog later!
What is on your December bucket list?