upper east side, ny
"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger int a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates vision for tomorrow." - Melody Beattie
I hope y'all had a fabulous Thanksgiving week! I definitely did. It was so relaxing, and I feel ready to take on finals (for the first time ever). It's after Thanksgiving, but I have so so much to be thankful for. Just like any college student, I really value the time I have on break with my family and catching up with old friends. I was so ready for a break. I think that it must be due to the harder and busier semester filled with tons of school work and extracurriculars. However, even with a busy schedule. I have to remind myself to keep things in perspective and remember all that I have to be thankful for on a daily basis.
In no particular order... here are just some of the things that I am thankful for.
- Healthy friends and family
- My sister for having the opportunity to study abroad and getting to see her in 3 more weeks!! Countdown begins!
- Caramel Iced Coffee. Amen.
- My education
- Golf and the ability to continue playing the sport I love :)
- The opportunity to travel!!
- Scented Candles
- Sharpie Pens (aka the best pens in the world. And yes, a good pen make all the difference)
- Netflix. Seriously though.
- Living in a safe country and all the people dedicating their lives to keep it safe
- Mint chocolate chip ice cream
- The snooze button
- The Royal Family
- Freshly cut flowers
- My blog readers! I appreciate each and every one of you and am so happy and thankful for all who take their time to follow College, Caffeinated for the past 3 years. Especially the ones from the start, y'all the real MVP's because HS days were rough! haha
But in all seriousness, college hasn't been all fun and games. I have really struggled, but this year has been awesome. I have been able to look back at the previous years and understand every hard situation because they have made me into who I am today. It all makes sense and I'm grateful for every single one of those experiences, good or bad. I have a great, supportive family, amazing friends, and awesome opportunities that have come my way recently. I'm so excited to see what the remainder of the year holds.
This year I've especially grown to understand just how much I adore having this platform to post on and how much I'd eventually love to pursue working in a PR type business.
What are you thankful for this year?? Wishing you all a safe, healthy, and relaxing Thanksgiving!
It's Christmas music time!!